Monday, September 24, 2012

48 By 60 Sycamore Process: Layering Sky & Shadows

Layering the Sky with Ultramarine Blue, Ultramarine Violet and Titanium White

Process Detail 1
Process Detail 2

Process Detail 3

Layering the sky trying to capture a smooth value change of deep blue on top to pale blue below.  Also, I have started working in shadows among the branches using Cobalt Blue and Phthalo Green Blue, which I think is a nice push of color on top of the Van Dyke Brown wash.  My medium is not quite half & half linseed oil:stand oil as I have a little more linseed cut into the mix.  It's starting to come together and I am heading into my favorite part of the process; detailing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fall Aspens

Squeezing in a post for 2021!  As not illustrated on this blog, it was truly a productive year for creating new pieces. In between landscape...