Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Process for 48 by 60 inch Sycamore Painting


48x60 inch gallery wrapped canvas crafted by Gary Grubbs, Black Mountain, NC
1:50 scale drawing for 48x60 inch Sycamore painting
Using a grid; free hand graphite sketch onto canvas
 Currently on my easel is a 48 by 60 inch canvas, my largest piece to date.   I have fallen in love with the sketch, thrilled to be working large again and trucking along with this commissioned piece.  I will be posting more process images in the coming days, so stay tuned... 

I want to plug the work of craftsman and neighbor Gary Grubbs, maker of custom art canvasses.  He crafted this canvas and a few other sizes for me last week.  The frames are kiln dried to %5 (preventing warping), gallery wrapped fine tooth canvasses with a triple gesso application.  I found Gary going through the archives of Ursula Gullow's blog 'Art Seen Asheville' here.  Gary is kind, does quality work (at affordable prices) and is happy to share a bear story or two.  He can be reached at (828) 669-5562. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fall Aspens

Squeezing in a post for 2021!  As not illustrated on this blog, it was truly a productive year for creating new pieces. In between landscape...